Friday, April 16, 2010

Northern Europe: Not A Plane In The Sky

With International Airports shut down across Europe, while waiting for the slow drifting volcanic ash from Iceland's Eyjafjallajökull volcano to cease and disperse .. today - Friday, April 16 is a day to remember .. cos there are no planes in the skies.

The last two or three days the Chemtrail spraying flights ceased, and today you can see they are not up there, because there are only blue skies and more blue skies .. and not one cloud, no haze, no long white chemlines, no flights taking off and no planes landing.

How peaceful it is.

Ocean scientists can study and observe the effects of shipping on life in the ocean. It is more difficult to assess the affect of non-stop activity in the skies over our heads with planes flying across the heavens at various altitudes. Our minds and our bodies adjust, we live with it and take it for granted. The flights never stop, and so how is one to know the general effect and what it would feel like to live without it?

Today, I know what it would be like to live without it .. it is fantastic .. I love it .. I now know the price we all pay having the skies over our heads crammed with those noisy giant polluting monsters. These are the skies of my childhood. The silent, still skies where you could lie in the summer grass and watch the heavens without a plane booming its presence across the heavens (one every minute).

I now understand, in the 60's there were not all these planes shooting back and forward across the skies. I now understand where the peace has gone. The silent skies I loved so much as a child. I now understand the price all of us pay to live under the spread of flight corridors, and landing corridors and take-off corridors, and how we adjust to ignore the planes crossing the skies day and night ..

I know this and can assess the damage .. because today - on this most wonderful day - it is not happening. The skies are clear, nothing moves up there, everything is silent and still. For the first time in a long time the blue sky is really blue.

On the lower horizon I can see a slightly darker haze that is not normally there (I watch the skies), and I assume this is why all flights have been cancelled. I can also say the gift this Icelandic volcano has give us .. as dangerous as they are .. the gift is priceless.

I now need some brilliant Tesla mind to create a Star Trek type transporter that allows trade to take place between countries without all these planes flying back and forwards across the sky. Maybe create a disk shaped craft that silently zips into hyperspace A and arrives at hyperspace B with no pollution, and no noise and no messing up the skies.

I used to be able to look up at the stars and see the stars. If you watch the stars late at night, you see blinking lights of planes all over the sky, in the North, South, East and West. So, tonight is going to be interesting .. at last I understand the price we all pay living under these moving flight corridors.